Football Transfer NewsSports News

Manchester United are reportedly keeping close on Kingsley Coman as Jadon Sancho alternative

Manchester United are reportedly keeping close tabs on Bayern Munich Star Kingsley Coman and could make a big-money move for the Bayern Munich forward should they fail in their pursuit of Jadon Sancho.

Sancho, 21, has been Ole Gunnar Solskjaer‘s priority target for well over a year but United failed to agree a deal for the 21-year-old last summer, with Borussia Dortmund demanding in excess of £100million for their prized possession.

Solskjaer has been intent on bringing a top-quality right-sided attacker to Old Trafford for the last 18 months and believes Sancho’s arrival could help close the gap between his side and Manchester City at the top of English football.

The Red Devils are already working on their next move for Sancho and the transfer saga took a fresh twist on Saturday as Dortmund sporting director Michael Zorc revealed the England sensation had a ‘gentleman’s agreement’ which could allow him to leave.

‘We already had a gentlemen’s agreement with Jadon last year that he can switch under certain conditions,’ Zorc told German publication ARD .

‘He’s been with us for a couple of years. However, this agreement does not exist with Erling [Haaland].’

According to The Guardian, Bayern winger Coman has been identified as a possible alternative to Sancho, though the latter remains at the top of Solskjaer’s wishlist.

Bayern have so far been unsuccessful in their talks to tie Coman down with an extension on his current deal and the report claims United have been monitoring the Frenchman’s situation.

Coman’s father, Christian, who also works as his agent, has decided to put contract negotiations on hold for the time being which has put Europe’s elite on red alert.

The 24-year-old’s current deal at the Allianz Arena runs through 2023.

Coman brushed off speculation he could be set for a switch to the Premier League in the January transfer window and insisted he was ‘happy’ with life at Bayern.

‘It’s good to know that good teams are interested in me, it gives me additional confidence,’ the former Paris Saint-Germain and Juventus star told German publication BILD.

‘But I have a contract here until 2023, I’m just thinking of Bavaria.

‘It’s all good, I’m happy.’

Leave a Comment

Back to top button